welcome to the coaching experience!
you are a coach.
Which means you are a leader! You’re a teacher and a mentor.
You love seeing your athletes develop both on and off the field of play. You connect across the range of unique personalities and find that thing that makes each athlete tick.
At the end of the day, you value the character of your team and your athletes as people more than the win or the loss. You know - as a coach - you make a difference in peoples lives that go well beyond sports.
it all sounds great...right?
I'll bet people love to talk to you when they find out you're a coach. They think they know what you do. Coaching sounds so noble. Right?
WRONG. Your athletes don't even have a clue as to what you really do...and all that your job entails. You had no idea either - until you got the job!
You're freakin' tired! Not only are you leading your athletes, you're leading their parents, you're leading recruits, you're leading your staff...your partner, your kids...? Who else?
With all of this leading you're doing, who leads you?
when things get hard...
Your job is 24/7. You take care of everyone else and end up neglecting yourself. Whatever healthy habits you've started...once the season gets going you get over-busy and overwhelmed...you get further away from all those great habits you meant to do.
The enthusiasm and passion you started the season with has dwindled. Instead of following your season plan it seems like all you do is handle one challenge after another. Instead of feeling creative and inspired, you feel drained and stuck.
If you feel this way...you're not alone! I talk to coaches every week who get to this same place.
what you need most...
- STRATEGIES to deal with the actual problems and challenges you have to deal with on a daily basis...to keep your job
- SUPPORT from someone who can give you a different perspective, can see your potential, & hold that space as you evolve
- PERMISSION to create the boundaries that place a priority on your highest needs
- ACCOUNTABILITY to follow through on the things you said you were going to do for yourself
this is what i do.
I work with coaches to help you tap into your full potential...like you do for your athletes.
1) I'll help YOU...
- get really clear on what you want (your goals, desires, & aspirations)
- make important decisions (which you've been putting off and have been draining your energy)
- identify the boundaries and standards you need to set (so you can do more of what you love to do)
- take the very next step (so you won't get totally overwhelmed in the process)
2) I'll help you set your season up for success...so you can be more efficient and have more fun!
- create a structured framework to follow through the ups and downs of the season
- dedicate time to work ON your team vs. IN your team
- be proactive and intentional versus scattered and reactive
3) I'll help you navigate through the most difficult conversations that come up...so you can be more effective and show up as an authentic, grounded, and confident leader.
- maybe you have a specific concern or complaint you need to bring up with your boss
- or you've got to give some tough feedback to give your assistant coach
- or you need to address a big conflict your team is struggling with
- or you need a plan for managing one of your athletes whose behavior disrupts everyone on your team
I'll even help you write out the words - in a script you can follow!
I want to teach you how to think as a coach - so you can succeed.
That may sound odd…and the truth is that too many coaches just run around winging it. They just hope that what they do will work. And that can be a really frustrating way to run a team. You need to take time to think some things out and then plan ways to take the most important action first.
Sure, you’ll always be winging it a little bit - because that’s the nature of coaching. There will always be unexpected things that come up that you’ll have to react to in the moment and do the best that you can.
I want you to be clear what you’re doing and why you’re doing it so you begin the habit of taking the highest priority action next.
here's where you can begin...
1. sign up for my weekly ezine
The Who Coaches You? weekly eZine focuses on four main areas: leadership skills, personal development, team-building, and self care. Click here and sign up to get it delivered to your inbox each week.
2. GET MONTHLY COACHING
Whether you want to be the best where you are or you need support as you navigate a challenge or transition, one-on-one coaching can give you clarity, confidence, and the strategy you need to tap into your full potential… no matter where you are right now. Find out more.
3. TAKE AN ONLINE COURSE:
1. Pre-season Prep for Coaches (begins July 1st, 2017)
Take time to plan and prep for your season. Pre-season Prep for Coaches is a six-week online course I created for coaches to give you a framework to work through that will help you plan for your best season yet. The LIVE course with private coaching calls will be offered again July 1, 2017.
2. The Essence of Coaching Program (begins September 1st, 2017)
Coaching isn't just a career - it's a lifestyle. Whether you’re looking to get a better position, make a transition from an assistant coach to a head coach, or just be the best where you are. Tap into the true essence of what you do as a coach - all season long. The Essence of Coaching program is a 6-month online program designed to give you time to work ON your team instead of IN your team while providing you with a high level of support and accountability to stay focused on your goals.
4. COME TO A WOMEN'S COACHING SUMMIT.
A women's coaching summit is simply a retreat - for coaches. There is a blend of professional development, personal development, and a strong emphasis on self care. A summit will help you 'recover' from the season and refocused with new ideas and a new support system for the season ahead. Read more.
5. Set up a TEAM CONSULTATION.
I customize programs for coaches to meet the unique needs of your group. Whether you'd like to brainstorm a leadership program for your team, or set up a Skype session with your captains. I love collaborating with coaches to help you achieve the results you're looking for. Let's schedule 30-minutes to chat to find out what you're looking for and see how I can help.
6. BOOK ME AS A SPEAKER OR FACILITATOR.
I love working in-person with coaches, athletes, & teams! Let's face it. Sometimes we all need to hear a different voice for a message to sink in. I can work with your individual teams or come out to work with a few teams within your department - if there are other coaches interested. I also can meet with your staff or other groups of coaches at your school. Let me know what you're thinking and I'll see how I can help.
TAKE ACTION! CLICK AN OPTION BELOW TO LEARN MORE.
wondering where to start?
Let's connect - so I can get to know more about you, find out your goals, and any current challenges you're dealing with.
I'll share how I work, and what solutions and support I can provide.